Assemble components for doors, windows and glass operations under
guidance of leadership. Understands safety is a priority and observes/
practices all safety procedures to prevent injury to self or co-workers and
attends periodic safety meetings as required; Controls or operates
machinery or equipment to assist with manufacturing, packaging, and
other steps along a production line. May be expected to handle heavy.
Operate basic equipment and machines, and carry out routine tasks.
Involves following strict, detailed instructions.
• Carry out operational tasks by following established processes.
Involves working within given settings or parameters.
• Support the quality function by working within strict quality
• Follow basic mandatory work instructions (including use of personal
protection equipment where relevant) to safeguard the environment
and the wellbeing of oneself and others.
• Work according to an assigned schedule.
• Develop and maintain excellent skills by participating in assessment
and development planning activities as well as formal and informal
training and coaching.
• Operates with a clear sense of responsibility; learns about, and
adheres to, most policies, procedures, and work requirements.
• Takes steps to ensure work is done properly, communicates status,
and addresses any errors.
• Learns how to operate as a team player, contributing actively to the
• Seeks others' inputs, appreciates their contributions; offers to help
when the need is clear.
• Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Has a firm grasp on organizational culture and politics; connects
with key stakeholders and knows when to bring something to their
• Uses clear and effective elementary verbal communications skills
under supervision to express ideas, request actions and formulate
plans or policies.
• Works under supervision at an elementary level to optimize the
utilization of production plant, equipment and materials.
• Works at a basic level to employ a systematic process for solving
technical issues by identifying the problem and selecting an
appropriate solution under close supervision.
• Identifies, assesses, prioritizes and manages risks in a production
process at an elementary level, under supervision.
High school Diploma or GED
• Manufacturing experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Prolonged standing for 8/10/12 hours, dependent on work schedule.
• Frequent walking/bending/stooping/squatting.
• Frequent reaching/pushing/pulling away from body.
• Frequent pushing with minimal or maximum force to maneuver the
glass down the production line on rollers.
• Lift, move or carry up to 90lbs.
• Frequent repetitive hand/foot/head/neck movements required.
Other: Temperatures will vary. Dusty and noisy environment when
operating machines and tools. Steel-toe safety shoes, ear and eye
protection required always in all plants. Additional personal protective
equipment may be required.
At PGT Innovations, we may build and support high-quality, innovative windows and doors, but every day holds opportunities for us to do so much more – from building stronger teams through leading, supporting, mentoring, and collaborating, to fostering better relationships with our customers.
WHY WE’RE DIFFERENT
Every day we look for opportunities to grow and achieve greatness – together.
This isn’t an “everyone for themselves” environment. Here, we look out for each other. We help each other. We prop each other up during challenging times.
Because inventing, building, and delivering the future of windows and doors is not a one-person job. It takes all of us.
Working together to inspire greater opportunity for our customers, our community, and our team members.
WHAT WE OFFER
PGT Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or
physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. PGT Innovations also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.